...preserving the beauty of everyday moments...

Monday, September 13, 2010

Making Messes

Lately, I have been trying to have Ariana "help" me more in the kitchen. She now gets so excited whenever she sees my red mixing bowl or apron come out. I passed on the apron that I wore when I was little to her and she loves wearing it. It is so sweet to see her enthusiasm over simple things such as dumping flour or stirring. She is so proud of her accomplishments and loves to tell Daddy what she has helped me with during the day.

At this point in the game, Ariana usually just makes the mess much larger, rather than being an actual help. I know that at some point down the road, she will actually be a tremendous help to me and that is why I persist in having her "help" me at such a young age. She is normally covered in flour from head to toe. I have to watch that she doesn't constantly taste test. She constantly is telling me that it is " Ana's turn" when she sees me doing something that she wants to do. Its fun, but it is also exhausting. But it is special to share in the joy as my little girl learns to enjoy making special things to bless those she loves.
...busy with the rolling pin...

...noodles that Ariana made- she rolled them by herself and then I helped her cut them...

explaining something to Daddy as he took pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Our Family...

My photo
We are a family who was birthed through God's incredible goodness- joining our hearts and lives in a way we call miraculous. Nathan and I were married April 11,2009, which just happened to be one of the most perfect days in our lives. Ariana is our beautiful, two year old daughter, that we thank God for every day. She brings so much joy to our lives and delight to our hearts. Landon joined us six months ago. He was born with a heart defect and had open heart surgery at three months of age. We are so grateful for his speedy healing and this happy, healthy baby boy! We are an Army family- this is Nathans' thirteenth year serving our country. We recently moved across the country and are loving the life God has blessed us with. Our life is simple, but its beautiful to us and I pray that you are blessed by the beauty that we find in it.