...preserving the beauty of everyday moments...

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Cloth Diapers...

As we wait for the arrival of our new little one, I have been doing a lot of research on cloth diapers. At this point, I am hoping to try them and at least supplement our diaper stash, if not switch over. It is amazing how many companies are out there selling them- they have come a long way from the prefolded, Gerber ones! www.niftynappy.com is one of the sites that I have loved the best and that has really solidified my decision to give cloth a try. Somehow- I think because she is a mom of 6 (you can find her as "6 and still sane" on facebook) and has tested and used the diapers herself with much success- I continue to gravitate back to her product. She is having a giveaway right now that I would REALLY love to win- it would be a wonderful jumpstart to this new endeavor of mine!

I also have been looking into sewing some of my own and have found a pattern that has excellent reviews from other moms. The savings is my biggest motivation for sewing my own- but time and whether or not my health will allow me to take on a big sewing project like that always comes into play. So I will probably end up doing a little of both.

Truthfully, I have been so excited at the thought of trying cloth out, I was a little disappointed that Ariana just potty trained! LOL! I know-crazy! But who likes to wait months to try out a new idea/plan?! Only 3 and a half more months to go- I know its going to fly by, since life is always busy! And now, we are building a house- so a move will be in the near future, either right before or after Landon comes and there is still the possibility that Nathan will deploy in January. So I really need to get moving if I am going to sew any!!! Who knows- that ambitious idea may turn out to be just that and I'll end up buying them! Either way- I am excited and looking forward to giving cloth a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Our Family...

My photo
We are a family who was birthed through God's incredible goodness- joining our hearts and lives in a way we call miraculous. Nathan and I were married April 11,2009, which just happened to be one of the most perfect days in our lives. Ariana is our beautiful, two year old daughter, that we thank God for every day. She brings so much joy to our lives and delight to our hearts. Landon joined us six months ago. He was born with a heart defect and had open heart surgery at three months of age. We are so grateful for his speedy healing and this happy, healthy baby boy! We are an Army family- this is Nathans' thirteenth year serving our country. We recently moved across the country and are loving the life God has blessed us with. Our life is simple, but its beautiful to us and I pray that you are blessed by the beauty that we find in it.