...preserving the beauty of everyday moments...

Friday, January 14, 2011

Life as it is...

I have had this mental goal to do more blogging this year...it's already two weeks into the new year (ok, we are now into February) and this is the first time I have sat down to write... Time is at a premium these days.

Basically, my days consist of baby feedings, diaper changes, pumping breast milk so I can feed the baby, dashes to the potty with the two year old, letting the dog out, making meals for the three of us who are big enough to sit at the table, washing and sanitizing things so I can once again pump milk, throwing in a load of laundry so we can pull wrinkly clothes out of the dryer tomorrow, repeat about every two or three hours...etc...Throw in the occassional doctor appointment and run to Walmart for groceries and you about have my life. Notice napping isn't really part of the scenerio...Yeah, Ariana has pretty much decided her nap days are over. She normally takes the quiet time on her bed to either eat a book or have an accident in her pull-up, which she has to immediately tell me of...It usually happens JUST as I am dozing off which effectively means even if I do get to lay back down, I won't fall asleep.

CAFFEINE...

it is a wonderful thing.

Caramel Frappe's from McDonalds are especially wonderful...I have my Mom to thank for that new addiction...and I truly am very thankful for it. Nathan very graciously feeds the addiction and brings them home for me from the errands he sweetly runs for me. He usually takes Ariana with him so I get a little break, since I most definitely am not getting any extra sleep during the day. Landon is a good, little sleeper- I really can't complain. For a new baby, well, six week old baby {already!} it could be much worse...He normally, gives me a five to six hour stretch after his last feeding of the day which means about a two am wake up call. And then the next one is pretty much right on the three hour mark. Uninterrupted sleep is a sweet daydream at this point.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Our Family...

My photo
We are a family who was birthed through God's incredible goodness- joining our hearts and lives in a way we call miraculous. Nathan and I were married April 11,2009, which just happened to be one of the most perfect days in our lives. Ariana is our beautiful, two year old daughter, that we thank God for every day. She brings so much joy to our lives and delight to our hearts. Landon joined us six months ago. He was born with a heart defect and had open heart surgery at three months of age. We are so grateful for his speedy healing and this happy, healthy baby boy! We are an Army family- this is Nathans' thirteenth year serving our country. We recently moved across the country and are loving the life God has blessed us with. Our life is simple, but its beautiful to us and I pray that you are blessed by the beauty that we find in it.