...preserving the beauty of everyday moments...

Thursday, August 5, 2010

My new project...

As you could see in the earlier post, Ariana's room was a very brilliant shade of lime green and purple. Perfect, if you are a TinkerBell fan but not for this muted color lover! Ariana's room was the first room we painted when we moved in but it has taken me awhile to get to making the fabric wall applique's I had pictured in my head! My finished idea is that of a woodland scene- complete with little animals- but so far I have just finished the tree. I do have to say, I am liking the results of my freehand drawing and am completely thrilled that it looks like what I imagined in my head! We are planning that she and the baby will share the room, after the baby moves out of a bassinet in our room, so I wanted something that would be gender neutral since we don't know what we are having yet. The fabric coordinates perfectly with the quilt I made her- I couldn't be more excited. It has been wonderful to work on something creative again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Our Family...

My photo
We are a family who was birthed through God's incredible goodness- joining our hearts and lives in a way we call miraculous. Nathan and I were married April 11,2009, which just happened to be one of the most perfect days in our lives. Ariana is our beautiful, two year old daughter, that we thank God for every day. She brings so much joy to our lives and delight to our hearts. Landon joined us six months ago. He was born with a heart defect and had open heart surgery at three months of age. We are so grateful for his speedy healing and this happy, healthy baby boy! We are an Army family- this is Nathans' thirteenth year serving our country. We recently moved across the country and are loving the life God has blessed us with. Our life is simple, but its beautiful to us and I pray that you are blessed by the beauty that we find in it.