...preserving the beauty of everyday moments...

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Easter- April 2010

Easter was a special day for us this year. Not only was it our first one together as a family, but the day on which we celebrate our new life in Christ- our Risen Savior, we found out that we were welcoming a new, little life into our family!
We actually found out we were pregnant at 1 am...I was planning on taking a test in the morning because I felt like I "felt" pregnant...You are supposed to take those tests first thing in the morning...well, there wasn't a clock in the guest room at Mom's. So when I awoke, after feeling like I had been sleeping a long time and needing to use the bathroom, I decided to take it since it was so close to morning. I was so thrilled to see that little plus sign! I came back to bed and asked Nathan if he was awake- well, I woke him up so he was, but barely coherent. When I told him the news, he was instantly alert and God bless him- my dear, sensitive man- cried with joy as he held me. Needless to say, it was almost impossible to fall back asleep after that. Nathan ended up going downstairs so I could sleep without him tossing and turning next to me and that's how we found out that it was 1 am. Doesn't get more "first thing in the morning" than that! We are overjoyed and expecting this little one to arrive around December 9th.

We got to spend Easter with my parents this year. They were absolutely thrilled to be a part of Ariana's first Easter egg hunt. She LOVED it! Nathan hid the eggs outside in the grass and every time she found an egg she would exclaim, "EGG!" with such delight and wonder! She didn't even know till after she found them all that the "egg'ies" contained goodies! We played find the eggs multiple times afterwards- reminding me of my siblings and I doing exactly the same thing when we were little!







I know these are quite long overdue- but April and May were rather crazy with all the traveling we did and our move here to Texas! Please forgive me!

1 comment:

  1. The pregnancy story literally made me cry. What a blessing to read. Thanks for sharing all the details. I LOVE a sensitive man, thank God for mine.

    ReplyDelete

About Our Family...

My photo
We are a family who was birthed through God's incredible goodness- joining our hearts and lives in a way we call miraculous. Nathan and I were married April 11,2009, which just happened to be one of the most perfect days in our lives. Ariana is our beautiful, two year old daughter, that we thank God for every day. She brings so much joy to our lives and delight to our hearts. Landon joined us six months ago. He was born with a heart defect and had open heart surgery at three months of age. We are so grateful for his speedy healing and this happy, healthy baby boy! We are an Army family- this is Nathans' thirteenth year serving our country. We recently moved across the country and are loving the life God has blessed us with. Our life is simple, but its beautiful to us and I pray that you are blessed by the beauty that we find in it.