...preserving the beauty of everyday moments...

Monday, January 11, 2010

Mommy's Little Helper

This is Ariana enjoying her Christmas present from Nana Judy- which was a really big hit- thank you, Nana Judy!!!

Ariana is just now reaching the stage where she wants to "help" me with everything I am doing. Dusting is a favorite chore of hers... it involves this fun, fluffy object on a stick and running around and around the coffee table or banging it against random furniture...Laundry is another one of her favorites. She likes to pull all the clothes out of the basket whether they need to be folded or already have been! I picked up a little laundry basket for her at the Dollar Store that I put a few rag towels in for her to fold while Mommy does the serious stuff. As you can see, the laundry basket is very good for holding an incredibly cute Ariana too!

I've been trying to let her do what she can, even though it takes MUCH longer, because I believe it is so important for her to learn how to be tidy from a young age. She is getting pretty good a putting things away with us after play time is over. I greatly appreciate the training my parents gave me, especially my mom, and hope that I can pass on these life skills to my little ones as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Our Family...

My photo
We are a family who was birthed through God's incredible goodness- joining our hearts and lives in a way we call miraculous. Nathan and I were married April 11,2009, which just happened to be one of the most perfect days in our lives. Ariana is our beautiful, two year old daughter, that we thank God for every day. She brings so much joy to our lives and delight to our hearts. Landon joined us six months ago. He was born with a heart defect and had open heart surgery at three months of age. We are so grateful for his speedy healing and this happy, healthy baby boy! We are an Army family- this is Nathans' thirteenth year serving our country. We recently moved across the country and are loving the life God has blessed us with. Our life is simple, but its beautiful to us and I pray that you are blessed by the beauty that we find in it.